Water off, again, Wed April 09, 2014
Stormin Mormon
2014-04-08 12:08:35 UTC
By sheer coincidence, I learned that the
water is being turned off Wednesday between
9 am and noon, so the trailer park can have
the water meter replaced. They put a note on
the side of the file cabinet at the park
office, reminding me of the scene in Hitchikers
Guide to the Galaxy, where the notice of the
destruction of Earth was filed on a far away
planet. She says they put a note in the corner
convenience store (I'm in the store about once
a year). OK, complaining included, I find out
about the water off, tomorrow.

I'm thinking in terms of preps for the known
water out. Fill my coffee pot, beer stein,
methamphetamine cracking tower, naked Jello
wrestling pit, IV D5W TKO, hydrotherapy machine,
enema bag, garden sprayer, and fire extinguisher.

Make sure they are all filled, today, in case I
need to brew coffee, make drugs, wrestle a naked
bimbo, tend to nursing home patients, water the
garden, and put out an incipient 2A rated fire.

That's a lot to remember. I'd better print this
out. Might even fill the bath tub in case I need
to dump flush the toilet. Prepare a bug out bag
and go brush my teeth at the church.
--
.
Christopher A. Young
.
Stormin Mormon
2014-04-08 18:47:43 UTC
Post by Stormin Mormon
[...]
Tuesday April 08. Today I talked with three of
my neighbors. None had heard of the water off.
--
.
Christopher A. Young
.
Stormin Mormon
2014-04-09 11:21:54 UTC
Post by Stormin Mormon
Post by Stormin Mormon
By sheer coincidence, I learned that the
water is being turned off Wednesday between
9 am and noon, so the trailer park can have
the water meter replaced. They put a note on
I'm thinking in terms of preps for the known
water out. Fill my coffee pot, beer stein,
methamphetamine cracking tower, naked Jello
wrestling pit, IV D5W TKO, hydrotherapy machine,
enema bag, garden sprayer, and fire extinguisher.
Tuesday April 08. Today I talked with three of
my neighbors. None had heard of the water off.
Wednesday at 7:20 and the water is still on.
Life is good. I need to fill some ice cube trays,
and some things like that. Filled the bath tub
last night, and some soda bottles full of cold
water.
--
.
Christopher A. Young
.
j***@yahoo.com
When my old trailer park did the same thing they had a water truck standing by.
Stormin Mormon
2014-04-09 15:54:25 UTC
Post by j***@yahoo.com
Post by Stormin Mormon
Life is good. I need to fill some ice cube trays,
and some things like that. Filled the bath tub
last night, and some soda bottles full of cold
water.
When my old trailer park did the same thing they had a water truck standing by.
That is an excellent idea.

I had a rush call today, left the house about
9:15. Got home about 11:30 to find the water
off. I've got two more calls to attend, so
I won't be here for much of the water off.
--
.
Christopher A. Young
.
Stormin Mormon
2014-04-09 23:14:41 UTC
Post by Stormin Mormon
Wednesday at 7:20 and the water is still on.
Life is good. I need to fill some ice cube trays,
and some things like that. Filled the bath tub
last night, and some soda bottles full of cold
water.
I got a rush call about 9 AM. The water was not
off, but pretty much trickle. I got back about
noon, and the water was trickle. I went to a
couple more service calls, got back about 6 PM.
The water is back to usual. I guess I mostly
missed it. I don't mind.
--
.
Christopher A. Young
.
settl
When did you turn the water heater back on?
Stormin Mormon
2014-04-10 11:11:03 UTC
Post by settl
Post by Stormin Mormon
I got a rush call about 9 AM. The water was not
off, but pretty much trickle. I got back about
noon, and the water was trickle. I went to a
couple more service calls, got back about 6 PM.
The water is back to usual. I guess I mostly
missed it. I don't mind.
When did you turn the water heater back on?
About five or six years ago, after the old
one leaked. And put the new one in.
--
.
Christopher A. Young