Wild hog with blue fat is poison!!!
CanopyCo
2017-07-11 17:09:05 UTC
Wild hog with blue fat is poison!!!

http://www.wideopenspaces.com/texas-approves-feral-hog-poison-turn-tide-war-pigs/

Tried to copy but page wouldn’t allow it.

LoxkcV⚛← Mighty ╬ Wannabe →⚛ZbnpGB
2017-07-11 17:27:59 UTC
Post by CanopyCo
Wild hog with blue fat is poison!!!
http://www.wideopenspaces.com/texas-approves-feral-hog-poison-turn-tide-war-pigs/
Tried to copy but page wouldn’t allow it.
http://youtu.be/xCIViehNZmY
Can you just not eat the fat, and then save the fat for Christmas
decorations?

Can you deep fry the fat to make blue lard? Blue lard will be cool.
Frank
2017-07-11 17:51:03 UTC
Post by CanopyCo
Wild hog with blue fat is poison!!!
http://www.wideopenspaces.com/texas-approves-feral-hog-poison-turn-tide-war-pigs/
Tried to copy but page wouldn’t allow it.
http://youtu.be/xCIViehNZmY
Interesting. I took warfarin for years and if it turned fat blue I
would have noticed. Its either a chemical derivative of warfarin or an
additive. I recall warfarin half life in the human body is about 4 days.

I think I would avoid eating feral hog because of the possibility of
trichinosis. It used to be endemic in US hogs. Southeast Asian refugees
who ate raw pork here as the did in their homeland came down with it.
I feel the same about bear meat.
chasseur
2017-07-11 21:50:41 UTC
Post by Frank
Post by CanopyCo
Wild hog with blue fat is poison!!!
http://www.wideopenspaces.com/texas-approves-feral-hog-poison-turn-tide-war-pigs/
Tried to copy but page wouldn’t allow it.
http://youtu.be/xCIViehNZmY
Interesting. I took warfarin for years and if it turned fat blue I
would have noticed. Its either a chemical derivative of warfarin or an
additive. I recall warfarin half life in the human body is about 4 days.
I think I would avoid eating feral hog because of the possibility of
trichinosis. It used to be endemic in US hogs. Southeast Asian refugees
who ate raw pork here as the did in their homeland came down with it.
I feel the same about bear meat.
Neither are a problem with sufficient cooking. Just stay away from
steaks, hamburgers and the like were sufficient cooking is uncertain.
Any dish cooked at 350F for 30 minutes is perfectly safe.

Chasseur
Frank
2017-07-11 22:53:54 UTC
Post by chasseur
Post by Frank
Post by CanopyCo
[...]
I know that but it is the thought of all those potential worms. Hunting
show I like, "The Meat Eater". Host got it from under cooked bear meat.
As he described it, he got rid of the worms but if cannibals ever got
him before cooking he they would get trichinosis because of cysts in his
muscle tissue.

I like medium rare venison back-strap but only use after a month in the
deep freeze but read that cannot kill all species. Don't think deer are
ever a problem though. Wiki says mostly pigs, bears and dogs.
chasseur
2017-07-12 00:03:17 UTC
Post by Frank
Post by chasseur
Post by Frank
Post by CanopyCo
[...]
and walruses according to the Inuits I have spoken to. I have yet to
hunt one of those though.

Chasseur
PaxPerPoten
2017-07-11 23:00:23 UTC
Post by chasseur
Post by Frank
Post by CanopyCo
[...]
I should wonder that maybe an open season on those Feral Hogs would
provide food for the Homeless kitchens in this country. Those Hogs shown
were Domestics turned feral of Wild Peccary. I have eaten Peccary after
a hunt in Arizona Grand Canyon Rim Country. Not bad at all... Just make
damned sure it is cooked well.
ages who mean to govern well, but *They mean to govern*. They promise to
be good masters, *but they mean to be masters*. Daniel Webster
CanopyCo
2017-07-12 14:34:27 UTC
Post by PaxPerPoten
Post by chasseur
Post by Frank
Post by CanopyCo
[...]
Ya, they bitch about the hogs but won’t let anyone come shoot or trap them unless you pay.

Trapping hogs is totally safe as it uses a live trap.

Our local food bank is presently passing out ground wild hog that my Indian buddy donated.

Makes a real good meatball or meatloaf.
Even good as a simple patty.
PaxPerPoten
2017-07-13 06:21:10 UTC
Post by CanopyCo
Post by PaxPerPoten
Post by chasseur
Post by Frank
Post by CanopyCo
[...]
were Domestics turned feral or Wild Peccary. I have eaten Peccary after
a hunt in Arizona Grand Canyon Rim Country. Not bad at all... Just make
damned sure it is cooked well.
Ya, they bitch about the hogs but won’t let anyone come shoot or trap them unless you pay.
Trapping hogs is totally safe as it uses a live trap.
Our local food bank is presently passing out ground wild hog that my Indian buddy donated.
Makes a real good meatball or meatloaf.
Even good as a simple patty.
How about Kalua Pig like served at Luaus. Fill that sucker up with
potatoes(Breadfruit), Carp(Whitefish) Rice(Poi) Roast in the ground and
party on!~

The Norwegians make a dish out of Pigs knuckles and Klube(Potato blood
dumplings. really good. Kind of a heart attack special though. ;-)

Smoke some ribs out of the feral hogs!

Donate Fresh butchered Hog to the Mosque of your choice!

Add a Black Culture cook book for chitlings, cracklings, etc. Those
folks know how to cook up a hog and nothing is wasted.
rbowman
2017-07-13 14:00:00 UTC
Hockies and sauerkraut -- great stuff.
CanopyCo
If cooked until it falls off the bones it’s ready and safe.
PaxPerPoten
2017-07-11 22:54:17 UTC
Post by CanopyCo
Wild hog with blue fat is poison!!!
http://www.wideopenspaces.com/texas-approves-feral-hog-poison-turn-tide-war-pigs/
A much cheaper and more effective poison would be "Golden Malrin Fly
bait" Available at any Farm store. Comes in blue crystals and mixes well
with Cocoa Cola in a hubcap etc. Also Gophers and moles eat it as is.
Life span is mere minutes.
Post by CanopyCo
Tried to copy but page wouldn’t allow it.
http://youtu.be/xCIViehNZmY
I wonder if they can add White and Red?
debbie
Works even better if you can mix the fly bait with the old antifreeze.
PaxPerPoten
2017-07-12 09:48:34 UTC
Post by debbie
Post by PaxPerPoten
Post by CanopyCo
Wild hog with blue fat is poison!!!
http://www.wideopenspaces.com/texas-approves-feral-hog-poison-turn-tide-war-pigs/
A much cheaper and more effective poison would be "Golden Malrin Fly
bait" Available at any Farm store. Comes in blue crystals and mixes well
with Cocoa Cola in a hubcap etc. Also Gophers and moles eat it as is.
Life span is mere minutes.
Works even better if you can mix the fly bait with the old antifreeze.
Oooh? Gotta keep an eye on you. You are a double killer. A lot of
animals won't partake of antifreeze unless mixed into something they
like. Are you a farm/ranch person?
debbie
2017-07-12 11:55:56 UTC
Post by PaxPerPoten
Post by debbie
Post by PaxPerPoten
Post by CanopyCo
Wild hog with blue fat is poison!!!
http://www.wideopenspaces.com/texas-approves-feral-hog-poison-turn-tide-war-pigs/
A much cheaper and more effective poison would be "Golden Malrin Fly
bait" Available at any Farm store. Comes in blue crystals and mixes well
with Cocoa Cola in a hubcap etc. Also Gophers and moles eat it as is.
Life span is mere minutes.
Works even better if you can mix the fly bait with the old antifreeze.
Oooh? Gotta keep an eye on you. You are a double killer. A lot of
animals won't partake of antifreeze unless mixed into something they
like. Are you a farm/ranch person?
Farming, or used to be. We had a serious problem with raccoons.Raccoons
can be dirty and destructive.
Frank
2017-07-12 12:13:16 UTC
Post by debbie
Post by PaxPerPoten
Post by debbie
Post by PaxPerPoten
Post by CanopyCo
Wild hog with blue fat is poison!!!
http://www.wideopenspaces.com/texas-approves-feral-hog-poison-turn-tide-war-pigs/
A much cheaper and more effective poison would be "Golden Malrin Fly
bait" Available at any Farm store. Comes in blue crystals and mixes well
with Cocoa Cola in a hubcap etc. Also Gophers and moles eat it as is.
Life span is mere minutes.
Works even better if you can mix the fly bait with the old antifreeze.
Oooh? Gotta keep an eye on you. You are a double killer. A lot of
animals won't partake of antifreeze unless mixed into something they
like. Are you a farm/ranch person?
Farming, or used to be. We had a serious problem with raccoons.Raccoons
can be dirty and destructive.
I think peanut butter may be better than antifreeze. Works great in my
Hav-a-hart trap.
debbie
We didn't do catch and release.
TIcaUL⚛← Mighty ╬ Wannabe →⚛lYligx
2017-07-12 15:02:01 UTC
Post by debbie
Post by Frank
Post by debbie
Post by PaxPerPoten
Post by debbie
Post by PaxPerPoten
Post by CanopyCo
Wild hog with blue fat is poison!!!
http://www.wideopenspaces.com/texas-approves-feral-hog-poison-turn-tide-war-pigs/
A much cheaper and more effective poison would be "Golden Malrin Fly
bait" Available at any Farm store. Comes in blue crystals and mixes well
with Cocoa Cola in a hubcap etc. Also Gophers and moles eat it as is.
Life span is mere minutes.
Works even better if you can mix the fly bait with the old antifreeze.
Oooh? Gotta keep an eye on you. You are a double killer. A lot of
animals won't partake of antifreeze unless mixed into something they
like. Are you a farm/ranch person?
Farming, or used to be. We had a serious problem with
raccoons.Raccoons can be dirty and destructive.
I think peanut butter may be better than antifreeze. Works great in my
Hav-a-hart trap.
We didn't do catch and release.
"Havahart® " is useless. If you don't come to the trap fast enough, the
raccoon can push its way out of the trap door. Every raccoon it caught
got away. Only cat and possum cannot push their way out the trap door.
The "Havahart® " I am talking about is the 'collapsible' model. Don't
buy. It is a waste of money.

<http://www.havahart.com/large-1-door-collapsible-trap>
CanopyCo
2017-07-12 15:21:52 UTC
Post by TIcaUL⚛← Mighty ╬ Wannabe →⚛lYligx
Post by debbie
Post by Frank
Post by debbie
Post by PaxPerPoten
Post by debbie
Post by PaxPerPoten
Post by CanopyCo
[...]
I have some millers and have a hearts.
All of them latch shut when triggered, as does the one in our link.
You may want to see if yours is old or just broken.
QgAOaE⚛← Mighty ╬ Wannabe →⚛SADyTN
2017-07-12 16:08:03 UTC
Post by debbie
Post by Frank
Post by debbie
Post by PaxPerPoten
Post by debbie
Post by PaxPerPoten
Post by CanopyCo
[...]
It was brand new from the store. It was built to be that way. The door
does close shut, but a strong raccoon can force the trap door open from
the inside. A cat or a possum is not strong enough (or smart enough) to
do that.

I had to buy a 'fixed' (non-collapsible) model of a different brand from
a different store to replace the stupid collapsible "Havahart®".

This is a "Havahart®":

I am sure this is a "Havahart®" too:

CanopyCo
2017-07-13 12:51:49 UTC
Post by debbie
Post by Frank
Post by debbie
Post by PaxPerPoten
Post by debbie
Post by PaxPerPoten
Post by CanopyCo
[...]
http://youtu.be/KrSAcrZA97U
http://youtu.be/91lwMQmC3Ds
Wow!

Fuckers are like a octopus!
They can flatten down to nothing!

I had no idea.

Thanks for the valuable info.
Frank
2017-07-13 16:55:23 UTC
Post by debbie
Post by Frank
Post by debbie
Post by PaxPerPoten
Post by debbie
Post by PaxPerPoten
Post by CanopyCo
[...]
That bothers me too. Mine is an old Hav-a-hart with two doors and
groundhog size but a little small for large raccoons. I've caught
smaller ones and transported in trunk but they make quite a racket to
try to get out. I can just imagine having to deal with one lose while
I'm driving. If I catch another, it will be catch and kill. I'll pop
'em with my pellet gun. I tried to drown one once in a large old
plastic garbage can and it took a long time to fill then tipped over so
I transported him. Never again. Rabies is endemic around here and a
lot of folks needed shots after getting bitten by rabid raccoons.
PaxPerPoten
2017-07-13 06:31:20 UTC
Post by debbie
Post by Frank
Post by debbie
Post by PaxPerPoten
Post by debbie
Post by PaxPerPoten
Post by CanopyCo
Wild hog with blue fat is poison!!!
http://www.wideopenspaces.com/texas-approves-feral-hog-poison-turn-tide-war-pigs/
A much cheaper and more effective poison would be "Golden Malrin Fly
bait" Available at any Farm store. Comes in blue crystals and mixes well
with Cocoa Cola in a hubcap etc. Also Gophers and moles eat it as is.
Life span is mere minutes.
Works even better if you can mix the fly bait with the old antifreeze.
Oooh? Gotta keep an eye on you. You are a double killer. A lot of
animals won't partake of antifreeze unless mixed into something they
like. Are you a farm/ranch person?
Farming, or used to be. We had a serious problem with
raccoons.Raccoons can be dirty and destructive.
I think peanut butter may be better than antifreeze. Works great in my
Hav-a-hart trap.
We didn't do catch and release.
Christ no! We would have a couple of sections saturated with Raccoons!
Frank
2017-07-13 16:45:00 UTC
Post by debbie
Post by Frank
Post by debbie
Post by PaxPerPoten
Post by debbie
Post by PaxPerPoten
Post by CanopyCo
Wild hog with blue fat is poison!!!
http://www.wideopenspaces.com/texas-approves-feral-hog-poison-turn-tide-war-pigs/
A much cheaper and more effective poison would be "Golden Malrin Fly
bait" Available at any Farm store. Comes in blue crystals and mixes well
with Cocoa Cola in a hubcap etc. Also Gophers and moles eat it as is.
Life span is mere minutes.
Works even better if you can mix the fly bait with the old antifreeze.
Oooh? Gotta keep an eye on you. You are a double killer. A lot of
animals won't partake of antifreeze unless mixed into something they
like. Are you a farm/ranch person?
Farming, or used to be. We had a serious problem with
raccoons.Raccoons can be dirty and destructive.
I think peanut butter may be better than antifreeze. Works great in my
Hav-a-hart trap.
We didn't do catch and release.
Actually, here, only catch and kill is allowed. Most don't know this
and I actually released a squirrel once in a park in front of a county
cop who said nothing.

I am saying, where poison is permitted, mixing with peanut butter may be
better. Best where dogs won't get to it as all critters like peanut
butter. I've caught groundhogs, raccoons, squirrels, skunks and even a
bird with it.
PaxPerPoten
2017-07-14 02:58:50 UTC
Post by Frank
Post by debbie
Post by Frank
Post by debbie
Post by PaxPerPoten
Post by debbie
Post by PaxPerPoten
Post by CanopyCo
[...]
Game wardens here shoot cats and Raccoons as they destroy Pheasant and
other Game birds eggs.
Post by Frank
I am saying, where poison is permitted, mixing with peanut butter may be
better. Best where dogs won't get to it
If that dog is running loose and off the leash... It is on the animals
owners head.

as all critters like peanut
PaxPerPoten
2017-07-13 06:28:43 UTC
Post by debbie
Post by PaxPerPoten
Post by debbie
Post by PaxPerPoten
Post by CanopyCo
Wild hog with blue fat is poison!!!
http://www.wideopenspaces.com/texas-approves-feral-hog-poison-turn-tide-war-pigs/
A much cheaper and more effective poison would be "Golden Malrin Fly
bait" Available at any Farm store. Comes in blue crystals and mixes well
with Cocoa Cola in a hubcap etc. Also Gophers and moles eat it as is.
Life span is mere minutes.
Works even better if you can mix the fly bait with the old antifreeze.
Oooh? Gotta keep an eye on you. You are a double killer. A lot of
animals won't partake of antifreeze unless mixed into something they
like. Are you a farm/ranch person?
Farming, or used to be. We had a serious problem with raccoons.Raccoons
can be dirty and destructive.
Yep..Got the same problem..But they just keep drinking Flybait laced
Coke out of a hubcap and I just keep tossing the remains into a fire.

Many years ago an Iowa Family spilled Antifreeze into the hog feed and
some hay. The horses wouldn't eat the hay, but the hogs gobbled the
tainted feed and many died. Folks didn't know what killed them so they
butchered some of the ones not too sick and ate one. a couple of the
family died before finding the cause and a couple more were Mentally
disabled. One seemed normal but died not much later. That Antifreeze can
also be some dangerous stuff.
LhRudZ⚛← Mighty ╬ Wannabe →⚛VvVatZ
2017-07-13 12:52:41 UTC
Post by PaxPerPoten
Post by debbie
Post by PaxPerPoten
Post by debbie
Post by PaxPerPoten
Post by CanopyCo
[...]
That's the reason why meat meant to be sold should be slaughtered in
government slaughterhouses to prevent the general public from eating
dead or sick animals.
PaxPerPoten
2017-07-14 03:02:10 UTC
Post by LhRudZ⚛← Mighty ╬ Wannabe →⚛VvVatZ
Post by PaxPerPoten
Post by debbie
Post by PaxPerPoten
Post by debbie
Post by PaxPerPoten
Post by CanopyCo
[...]
Many families butcher their own meat for home consumption. My family
does some. In the old days we gave away Runt pigs instead of killing
them. Old folks, the poor and others fed them slops and raised them for
the larder.
Gunner Asch
2017-07-13 22:44:55 UTC
Post by PaxPerPoten
Many years ago an Iowa Family spilled Antifreeze into the hog feed and
some hay. The horses wouldn't eat the hay, but the hogs gobbled the
tainted feed and many died. Folks didn't know what killed them so they
butchered some of the ones not too sick and ate one. a couple of the
family died before finding the cause and a couple more were Mentally
disabled. One seemed normal but died not much later. That Antifreeze can
also be some dangerous stuff.
Just be aware that some antifreezes are Non-toxic. I use non toxic
antifreezes in all my vehicles, simply to keep from killing cats and
dogs

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/speaking-of-science/wp/2015/03/25/finally-an-antifreeze-your-kids-can-drink/?utm_term=.84e582095126

https://www.amazon.com/Old-World-SEP003-Antifreeze-Coolant-Propylene/dp/B000CCM5JA

Propylene glycol is the non toxic alternative to ethylene glycol

---
CanopyCo
2017-07-14 13:28:42 UTC
Post by Gunner Asch
Post by PaxPerPoten
[...]
Odd that they haven’t just added nasty flavoring to the usual stuff.
It sounds like a cheap way to make it safer.
tRudy Crayola
2017-07-15 01:46:14 UTC
Post by CanopyCo
Post by Gunner Asch
Post by PaxPerPoten
[...]
Then some one would sue them for it tasting bad... Just the survivors of
course. ;-p
--
Rudy's Nut & Fruit farm- Sacramento