My neighborhood is having a Bar B Q
lawrence glickman
2015-01-23 11:27:45 UTC
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=248_1415894453
best viewed in Full Screen mode

---
CanopyCo
2015-01-23 14:09:11 UTC
Post by lawrence glickman
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=248_1415894453
best viewed in Full Screen mode
Looks like someone work up mischievous today.
;-)

Interesting that there were not more flies.
Also interesting that the only blade that they had was there spear.
Sure, when one is parting out a elephant, you need a long blade.
But even then a spear point is shaped differently than a butcher knife for a reason.
One does not do the job of the other very well.
lawrence glickman
2015-01-23 14:18:14 UTC
Post by CanopyCo
Post by lawrence glickman
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=248_1415894453
best viewed in Full Screen mode
Looks like someone work up mischievous today.
;-)
Interesting that there were not more flies.
Also interesting that the only blade that they had was there spear.
Sure, when one is parting out a elephant, you need a long blade.
But even then a spear point is shaped differently than a butcher knife for a reason.
One does not do the job of the other very well.
"They" are probably smarter than all of us in alt.survival put
together, when it comes to knowing how to survive in their unforgiving
environment.

Every day is a Struggle for Life for them. You and I can't imagine
just how difficult it must be. Somehow, they pull it off as a
team...as a Tribe. Lots of evolution involved in getting them to
where they as a group that can handle anything, including a charging
pissed-off Lion.

Lg

---
CanopyCo
2015-01-23 14:36:39 UTC
Post by lawrence glickman
Post by CanopyCo
Post by lawrence glickman
[...]
No question about any of that.
Just like the American Indians, before and shortly after the white invasion.

Just noting that the American Indians had a variety of blades to use when parting out a buffalo, but these guys don't even appear to have anything but the 3 foot spear.

Just struck me as odd.
Like how the American Indians had no or very little mettle working.

Most tribes were nothing but flint and bone tool makers.
No copper, bronze, or iron working at all.
Even after they knew that it existed, they only got it by trading for it.

Interesting how something can be thought of by someone in one group, but never thought of in another group.
rbowman
2015-01-24 02:09:08 UTC
Post by CanopyCo
Interesting how something can be thought of by someone in one group, but
never thought of in another group.
Or thought of and discarded for some reason we don't know. The Chaco Canyon
area in New Mexico has a number of roads leading to outlying settlements.
They are wide and very straight and show definite engineering skills.
However there is no evidence that the Anasazi ever made use of wheeled
vehicles. The rest of the story: pull toys on wheels have been found. I
can't believe they didn't make the connection between Sonny pulling his
coyote on wheels around the front yard and building carts but for some
reason they chose not to even though the vigas and other wooden structural
elements as well as fuel was a long trek.

I don't believe it but Jared Diamond put forth the theory in Collapse that
the Greenland settlers faded out when the climate got colder because they
wouldn't eat fish. He makes the argument that there are no fish bones in the
midden heaps but that seems very thin to me.
news13
2015-01-24 06:35:55 UTC
Post by rbowman
Post by CanopyCo
Interesting how something can be thought of by someone in one group,
but never thought of in another group.
Or thought of and discarded for some reason we don't know. The Chaco
Canyon area in New Mexico has a number of roads leading to outlying
settlements. They are wide and very straight and show definite
engineering skills. However there is no evidence that the Anasazi ever
made use of wheeled vehicles. The rest of the story: pull toys on
wheels have been found. I can't believe they didn't make the connection
between Sonny pulling his coyote on wheels around the front yard and
building carts but for some reason they chose not to even though the
vigas and other wooden structural elements as well as fuel was a long
trek.
Perhaps they didn't have trees of sufficient diameter to be a functional
load carrying wheel A stout branch through a couple of trunk segments is
easy to happen upon, but cnstructing a wheel from bits isn't going to
just happen. Any iron tools? Needed for the shaping for a composite
wheel?
Post by rbowman
I don't believe it but Jared Diamond put forth the theory in Collapse
that the Greenland settlers faded out when the climate got colder
because they wouldn't eat fish. He makes the argument that there are no
fish bones in the midden heaps but that seems very thin to me.
Generally like modern cities, they just turn their local environment to
one huge shit heap. Life is limited by transport available.
CanopyCo
2015-01-24 14:58:28 UTC
Post by news13
Post by rbowman
Post by CanopyCo
[...]
Good point.
They would have to be at least a foot across to be of any use even with their smooth roads.
I still bet that wood coins that size would get packed off for fire wood pretty easy during the thousand years that the place was vacant before we started looking.
rbowman
2015-01-24 19:01:58 UTC
Post by news13
Perhaps they didn't have trees of sufficient diameter to be a functional
load carrying wheel A stout branch through a couple of trunk segments is
easy to happen upon, but cnstructing a wheel from bits isn't going to
just happen. Any iron tools? Needed for the shaping for a composite
wheel?
It's difficult to tell what resources they had at hand. They used up all the
trees within 60 miles.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chaco_Culture_National_Historical_Park

There are several photos in the article. It's an enigma. The present day
area wouldn't support the population suggested by the construction projects.
The stone masonry at this and the other Anasazi sites is very sophisticated
and they were hauling quarried rock considerable distances.

If you've got the bandwidth, google up 'The Mystery of Chaco Canyon'. The
focus is on archeoastronomy at Fajada Butte with narration by Robert
Redford. Have a grain of salt handy. In my experience, given enough rocks or
structures the sun always aligns with something at the solstice.

fwiw, I learned at the Casa Grande monument last November that 'Anasazi' is
no longer polite; the preferred term is Ancestral Pueblo Peoples'. It seems
Anasazi is a Navajo term for 'the ancestors of out enemies'. But then.
'navajo' is sometimes claimed to be a Pueblo word meaning head bashers. The
Navojo call themselved Dine.

Anybody suffering from white guilt ought to study the history of the pueblo
tribes like the Hopi and Zuni and the late-coming Athabascan tribes like the
Navajo and Apache. The synopsis is peaceful farmers lose when the warlike
people show up in town. They both lost when bigger and better warriors
showed up. So it goes.
CanopyCo
2015-01-24 14:52:05 UTC
Post by rbowman
Post by CanopyCo
Interesting how something can be thought of by someone in one group, but
never thought of in another group.
Or thought of and discarded for some reason we don't know. The Chaco Canyon
area in New Mexico has a number of roads leading to outlying settlements.
They are wide and very straight and show definite engineering skills.
However there is no evidence that the Anasazi ever made use of wheeled
vehicles. The rest of the story: pull toys on wheels have been found. I
can't believe they didn't make the connection between Sonny pulling his
coyote on wheels around the front yard and building carts but for some
reason they chose not to even though the vigas and other wooden structural
elements as well as fuel was a long trek.
The toys and the road makes me question the accuracy of them not using the wheel.
Those cites were vacated so long ago that no one remembers who was there or why they left.
I'm betting that there was a shit load of stuff that got packed off with them, got packed off by others later, or just rotted away between then and now.
Post by rbowman
I don't believe it but Jared Diamond put forth the theory in Collapse that
the Greenland settlers faded out when the climate got colder because they
wouldn't eat fish. He makes the argument that there are no fish bones in the
midden heaps but that seems very thin to me.
Hard to say.
I think there is some religious sect now that doesn't eat fish.
Or is the that they can eat fish but not something else.
Anyway, they had a religious problem with some foods.

I know some people now that think that fish is just to slimy to be food.
;-)
rbowman
2015-01-24 19:10:48 UTC
Post by CanopyCo
The toys and the road makes me question the accuracy of them not using the
wheel. Those cites were vacated so long ago that no one remembers who was
there or why they left. I'm betting that there was a shit load of stuff
that got packed off with them, got packed off by others later, or just
rotted away between then and now.
I spent about a week at Chaco hiking around and got to know one of the
rangers, a Navajo. His family had been very concerned when he took the job.
In their oral histories they knew about the Anasazi sites but considered
them very spooky places with bad juju to be avoided at all costs. The Pueblo
tribes claim them as ancestors but they don't have a clue what it was all
about either. Over the course of my lifetime the 'official' version of what
happened has changed several times. War, disease, climate change,
overpopulation and so forth have been thrown out. For the areas east of the
San Francisco range in Arizona you can throw in volcanos.

The east is the same. The Mound Builders went away and besides the fanciful
stories nobody really knows why.

Cue Stormin with the LDS version of prehistoric North America...

rbowman
2015-01-23 15:10:23 UTC
Post by CanopyCo
Also interesting that the only blade that they had was there spear.
Sure, when one is parting out a elephant, you need a long blade.
But even then a spear point is shaped differently than a butcher knife for
a reason. One does not do the job of the other very well.
My machine has issues with the liveleak videos but I assume they're
butchering an elephant. Robert Ruark describes the process in one of his
novels. First you find the smallest guy around and send him up the
elephant's ass to get the tender pieces.
CanopyCo
2015-01-24 14:43:28 UTC
Post by rbowman
Post by CanopyCo
Also interesting that the only blade that they had was there spear.
Sure, when one is parting out a elephant, you need a long blade.
But even then a spear point is shaped differently than a butcher knife for
a reason. One does not do the job of the other very well.
My machine has issues with the liveleak videos but I assume they're
butchering an elephant. Robert Ruark describes the process in one of his
novels. First you find the smallest guy around and send him up the
elephant's ass to get the tender pieces.
Yep, butchering a elephant.
The tusks gave it away as to what it was.
To close up to tell, otherwise.

They were using the long bladed spears to cut it up and it appears that was the only blade that they had.
Hopefully they had a smaller one to cut it up in bite sized chunks back home.
That job would be really clumsy with that long spear blade.

Don't know if anyone was already inside.
The shot was all about the guys outside cutting it up into chunks about a foot square.
Red Prepper
2015-01-24 03:07:43 UTC
On Fri, 23 Jan 2015 05:27:45 -0600, lawrence glickman
Post by lawrence glickman
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=248_1415894453
best viewed in Full Screen mode
If they offer you any food, ask for a piece that didn't touch their
dicks.
lawrence glickman
2015-01-24 07:21:19 UTC
Post by lawrence glickman
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=248_1415894453
best viewed in Full Screen mode
If they offer you any food, ask for a piece that didn't touch their
dicks.
I'm not surprised you said that. In the first few minutes the viewer
gets to see male reproductive appendages that look like overgrown
bananas. Once again, this to me is evidence that those people are
closer to monkey than human. Not a bad thing...just something that
might explain their uncivilized behavior in the Western World.

Lg

---
Red Prepper
2015-01-24 07:44:09 UTC
Post by lawrence glickman
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=248_1415894453
best viewed in Full Screen mode
If they offer you any food, ask for a piece that didn't touch their
dicks.
I'm not surprised you said that. In the first few minutes the viewer
gets to see male reproductive appendages that look like overgrown
bananas. Once again, this to me is evidence that those people are
closer to monkey than human. Not a bad thing...just something that
might explain their uncivilized behavior in the Western World.
Lg
Some of them were sitting on the meat with their bare asses. You
really need to move up to north side, where there's lots of good BBQ
without any cross-species contamination going on. There's other B.S.
to deal with, but you won't accidentally catch monkeyshine ebola, or
so they tell us.
news13
2015-01-24 10:10:48 UTC
Post by lawrence glickman
I'm not surprised you said that. In the first few minutes the viewer
gets to see male reproductive appendages that look like overgrown
bananas.
So you've got a small one.

Post by lawrence glickman
closer to monkey than human. Not a bad thing...just something that
might explain their uncivilized behavior in the Western World.
They have their own civilised behaviour very relevant to their way of
life.
rbowman
2015-01-24 19:02:59 UTC
Post by lawrence glickman
I'm not surprised you said that. In the first few minutes the viewer
gets to see male reproductive appendages that look like overgrown
bananas. Once again, this to me is evidence that those people are
closer to monkey than human. Not a bad thing...just something that
might explain their uncivilized behavior in the Western World.
Ah, the schwarzers and their schwantzes...