Enough of Whitney Houston, what about Greece burning?
d***@dudu.org
2012-02-13 14:57:14 UTC
Shit, they can't talk about anything but Whitney Houston on the news.
So the girl could sing. Just goes to show you that you need much more
than a pretty voice to survive in the entertainment industry. So what
about Greece? The world's first democracy is collapsing. Which is
next? Can anyone claim for certain that the US is immune? If our
fiat currency crashes, the banks will close and the food stores will
be cleaned out completely in less than two days. The government's
inevitable response will be martial law. The conservatives with all
their guns will not stand for Obama's martial law, so say hello to
civil war. Are you ready?

It's no wonder they aren't talking about Europe on the news. They
don't want people to start thinking about how bad it really is.
DogDiesel
2012-02-13 16:55:46 UTC
Post by d***@dudu.org
Shit, they can't talk about anything but Whitney Houston on the news.
So the girl could sing. Just goes to show you that you need much more
than a pretty voice to survive in the entertainment industry.
Everybody knows that. Shes been a coke addict for about three decades.
You can only push your luck so much.

So what
Post by d***@dudu.org
about Greece?
What about Greece.

The world's first democracy is collapsing.

Its been collapsed foe decades.

Which is
Post by d***@dudu.org
next? Can anyone claim for certain that the US is immune?
Nope, we are damn near on a one way course now.

If our
Post by d***@dudu.org
fiat currency crashes, the banks will close and the food stores will
be cleaned out completely in less than two days.
Yup.

The government's
Post by d***@dudu.org
inevitable response will be martial law.
Maybe it will. Maybe it wont.

The conservatives with all
Post by d***@dudu.org
their guns will not stand for Obama's martial law,
Maybe , maybe not.

so say hello to
Post by d***@dudu.org
civil war.
Maybe. maybe not. Killing thieving parasites does not make it a civil war.

Are you ready?

Readier then most.
Post by d***@dudu.org
don't want people to start thinking about how bad it really is.
They don't want US to start thinking about how bad it is.

And put a stop to it.
Frank
2012-02-13 17:03:01 UTC
Post by d***@dudu.org
Shit, they can't talk about anything but Whitney Houston on the news.
So the girl could sing. Just goes to show you that you need much more
than a pretty voice to survive in the entertainment industry. So what
about Greece? The world's first democracy is collapsing. Which is
next? Can anyone claim for certain that the US is immune? If our
fiat currency crashes, the banks will close and the food stores will
be cleaned out completely in less than two days. The government's
inevitable response will be martial law. The conservatives with all
their guns will not stand for Obama's martial law, so say hello to
civil war. Are you ready?
It's no wonder they aren't talking about Europe on the news. They
don't want people to start thinking about how bad it really is.
You've discovered the secret.
The Greeks killed Whitney to take attention off them.
Stormin Mormon
2012-02-13 17:52:08 UTC
That might be the most correct thing I've read on this list, in ages.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
.
Winston_Smith
2012-02-13 17:50:15 UTC
Post by d***@dudu.org
Shit, they can't talk about anything but Whitney Houston on the news.
So the girl could sing. Just goes to show you that you need much more
than a pretty voice to survive in the entertainment industry. So what
about Greece? The world's first democracy is collapsing.
Of the two, I'm more sad about Whitney. In a way they both made their
own troubles that lead to their own ends. Greece had uncountable
chances and help from others. Whitney, not so much.
Post by d***@dudu.org
Which is
next? Can anyone claim for certain that the US is immune? If our
fiat currency crashes, the banks will close and the food stores will
be cleaned out completely in less than two days. The government's
inevitable response will be martial law.
Dig though my old posts. I've predicted this for a long time and so
have a great many others that simply watched the world financial
scene, could balance a checkbook and live on a budget, and knew a
touch of history.

The predictions were general with no certain timeline because the
governments of the world have enormous wiggle ability when it comes to
creating new smoke and mirrors to keep the Ponzi scheme going. Not
too long into the present trouble, late 2008 or early 2009, I was
saying long, deep, and if history is any judge, violence filled. Damn,
it's a bitch when you turn out to be right.

Watch for the collapse of the pension funds that have their money in
some high flying, and shaky, mutual and hedge funds. Probably
California first. Then other states, then some blue chip companies.
Watch for the boomers to retire and the money isn't there. The funds
spent lavishly promising everything would be cool with an estimated
8%/yr minimum return. They got a lot less than a percent.

While it's the states that are collapsing, they will stir up active
resentment against "public servants" lavish pensions. When that's all
over, the rules and precedents will be in place to screw Joe Sixpack
when he retires from industry. Several are already in a legal state
of bankruptcy and jockeying to dump their pensions on the government
to pay.

Just like Greece, the states are cutting away all the safety nets. In
realistic terms, they just can't afford it and in political terms, the
so called "conservatives" of the moment are starting the line that
anyone that needs help is a freeloader. Give it a decade and we are
all "freeloaders" just like we were all through the 1930s.

Read what you can find about everyday life in the First Great
Depression and start putting those methods in place, children.
d***@dudu.org
2012-02-13 18:09:18 UTC
Post by d***@dudu.org
[...]
So you seem very knowledgeable and prepared. How much land you have
and what do you have on it? How far from a major city? I have 45
acres in the mountains with springs. I saw this one coming 35 years
ago but it was ecological not economic. The economic collapse is just
a symptom. Our problems go much deeper than a crash of our fiat
currencies. Our main problem is ecological collapse and the
inevitable death of billions of people. So on the surface this may
look like the last Great Depression. But it's much worse than that
this time.
DogDiesel
2012-02-13 18:23:54 UTC
Post by d***@dudu.org
[...]
No, ecological has no bearing whatsoever. Many have countries with more
population then ours. And they ate everything on the land and in the seas
and in the skies, but they do not die. This is straight up about the
ability to pay for our necessities. Because theres nothing of value to pay
for these things with.

and the
Post by d***@dudu.org
inevitable death of billions of people.
Maybe, But maybe they were going to die of another cause eventually
anyways.

So on the surface this may
Post by d***@dudu.org
look like the last Great Depression. But it's much worse than that
this time.
Sure, And only because no one will have any purchasing power to buy food
. And those with food will not want to sell it for crap currency.

And by then, Carbon currency will exist , and its game over.

But we will all probably be dead.
Steve from Colorado
2012-02-13 19:25:42 UTC
Post by d***@dudu.org
look like the last Great Depression.  But it's much worse than that
this time.
   Sure,  And only because no one will have any purchasing power to buy food
.  And those with food will not want to sell it for crap currency.
So what you'll see is that under the mantra of "free trade," our food
will be exported to China, Germany, or Japan for hard currency while
Americans starve. (Whatever diluted meaning "American" means with
open borders and massive immigration). Of course, there's always the
possibility that Americans with roots that go back multiple
generations will grow some balls and take back control of our country
from Goldman Sachs and the corrupt two party Soviet dictatorship.
Winston_Smith
2012-02-13 20:06:33 UTC
On Mon, 13 Feb 2012 11:25:42 -0800 (PST), Steve from Colorado
Post by Steve from Colorado
So what you'll see is that under the mantra of "free trade," our food
will be exported to China, Germany, or Japan for hard currency while
Americans starve.
America is still a net OIL importer. But we are a net GASOLINE
exporter. While gas prices in the US climb. We have enough
production to 1) make it cheap and 2) reduce our imports and
dependency. Very simply, China and other countries have outbid US
citizens for the gas supply.

The three power bases
Government - more dependant, weakened economy - loser
The People - higher prices for less stuff - loser
Global Corps - more profit, more power - winner.

This is the wonderful situation we got when we believed the sales
pitch about how great a global economy would be for all us unwashed
A-mekins. Thank you to both parties. Now figure out how to get it
back.
Winston_Smith
2012-02-13 19:36:35 UTC
Post by DogDiesel
Post by d***@dudu.org
So you seem very knowledgeable and prepared. How much land you have
and what do you have on it? How far from a major city? I have 45
acres in the mountains with springs. I saw this one coming 35 years
ago but it was ecological not economic. The economic collapse is just
a symptom. Our problems go much deeper than a crash of our fiat
currencies. Our main problem is ecological collapse
No, ecological has no bearing whatsoever. Many have countries with more
population then ours. And they ate everything on the land and in the seas
and in the skies, but they do not die. This is straight up about the
ability to pay for our necessities. Because theres nothing of value to pay
for these things with.
and the
There is flat out abuse of the land. Living large knowing it would
become sterile in the future. But "ecology" has other, bigger
meanings.

The world is running out of at least the easy to get at rare materials
that are essential to technolgoy.

There you are talking technology collapse. Just shortages and higher
pirces at first but without economy of scale a lot of modern
technology is simply impractical.

The climate is changing. Call it global warming, call it a long
natural cycle, call it just "the way it works", it's changing.
Generally in the direction of harming agriculture.

There you are talking mass starvation. Won't happen here? OK. But
that spawns wars and mass migration. That does happen here.
Post by d***@dudu.org
look like the last Great Depression. But it's much worse than that
this time.
Sure, And only because no one will have any purchasing power to buy food
. And those with food will not want to sell it for crap currency.
And by then, Carbon currency will exist , and its game over.
But we will all probably be dead.
Google "trigger event/effect" and "black swan". A great many massive
changes came on the world but unsuspected and suddenly.

I suppose it's not mainstream survivalism, but in my mind, tradition,
leaving something for your kids, making their lives a little better,
etc. is part of the package.
DogDiesel
2012-02-14 04:54:41 UTC
Post by Winston_Smith
Post by d***@dudu.org
look like the last Great Depression. But it's much worse than that
this time.
Sure, And only because no one will have any purchasing power to buy food
. And those with food will not want to sell it for crap currency.
And by then, Carbon currency will exist , and its game over.
But we will all probably be dead.
Google "trigger event/effect" and "black swan". A great many massive
changes came on the world but unsuspected and suddenly.
I suppose it's not mainstream survivalism, but in my mind, tradition,
leaving something for your kids, making their lives a little better,
etc. is part of the package.
Family is the enemy of Communism. And bigger government. Which is Why
families are under attack.

Winston_Smith
2012-02-13 19:56:49 UTC
Post by d***@dudu.org
So you seem very knowledgeable and prepared. How much land you have
and what do you have on it? How far from a major city? I have 45
acres in the mountains with springs.
Fair questions. Yeah, my ass is hanging out at the moment. No rural
land. Live in a suburb in a vulnerable part of the country. I do
live with damn little demand on my electric and water utilities. I
think I'm quite ready for off-grid in the bigger sense.

Been tied to a job to stash bucks. I'm retired now, getting the place
in shape to sell if I can in the still diving market. At current,
local, give-away prices, it's still worth a lot more than what I owe.
Zero other bills beyond monthly utilities. Got cash stashed to buy
some land and actively looking.

Got Social Security and Medicare as long as that lasts. Two pensions
with considerable sums I haven't bothered to start. I can live on SS
and still manage to save a bit thanks to no bills and basic living.

I've build up some of what I'll need to get started on a unimproved or
lightly improved property and worked very hard and long on learning
the nuts and bolts of what to do when I get there. Got food for
several years. I know what it weighs and how to transport it. Got
means to put up preserves whether grown by me or locally - whether
here or there.
Post by d***@dudu.org
I saw this one coming 35 years
ago but it was ecological not economic. The economic collapse is just
a symptom.
The Yeast Growth Curve. Humans being the yeast.
Post by d***@dudu.org
Our problems go much deeper than a crash of our fiat
currencies.
Very true but they are mostly caused by fiat currency. That made
things economically possible that would never have been considered
using a money that had a real basis.
Post by d***@dudu.org
Our main problem is ecological collapse and the
inevitable death of billions of people. So on the surface this may
look like the last Great Depression. But it's much worse than that
this time.
I'm trying to incorporate that in deciding just where to relocate to.
How is your area fixed against future ecological changes?
d***@dudu.org
2012-02-13 20:47:39 UTC
Post by d***@dudu.org
Our main problem is ecological collapse and the
inevitable death of billions of people. So on the surface this may
look like the last Great Depression. But it's much worse than that
this time.
I'm trying to incorporate that in deciding just where to relocate to.
How is your area fixed against future ecological changes?
I'm in western Montana. Long term predictions are for hotter and
drier. I am extremely fortunate to have 3 good springs on my property
that flow year round, but longer term climate drying could impact the
springs. I do know they are deep rock springs so are not directly
dependent upon precipitation for recharging, but nobody knows about
long term climate change. If the springs dry up I'm fubared. I'm
sure we're good for at least a few decades then after that it will be
my kid's problem. What part of the country you looking into? If you
don't mind occassional cold I'ld suggest you go as far north as
possible. The southern US is going to be in a whole world of hurt and
it will be sooner than later. Most critical is getting a small plot
of land with some way to get usable water off it. Secure your water
supply with whatever means necessary and then start planning your food
production. Any upcoming crash in our food distribution network will
not be short term. Food supplies will vanish until local production
and barter networks get ramped up. You will need something to
contribute to a functioning local barter network.
Steve from Colorado

Winston_Smith
2012-02-13 19:37:46 UTC
On Mon, 13 Feb 2012 10:34:59 -0800 (PST), Steve from Colorado
Post by Steve from Colorado
http://youtu.be/Rt8Dv15FtsM
Thanks for the link but sorry, no broadband. I'm still a modem
jockey.
Steve from Colorado
2012-02-13 20:47:15 UTC
Post by Steve from Colorado
http://youtu.be/Rt8Dv15FtsM
Thanks for the link but sorry, no broadband.  I'm still a modem
jockey.
Well, check out how billionaire "Holocaust survivor" George Soros is
trying to blackmail German Chancellor Merkel by threatening a second
Great Depression unless she loots money from Germany and gives more of
it to the banksters and Wall Street criminals. The whole Greek
"bailout" is all about looting money from Greece and giving it to the
Holocaust survivors, er, banksters.

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=CNG.61735980a95dfd8997479bc085148e34.81&show_article=1

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=CNG.61735980a95dfd8997479bc085148e34.81&show_article=1