Interesting article in dailymail.co.uk about preppers in the UK
Add Reply
Jan Panteltje
2024-04-09 07:42:56 UTC
Meet Britain's growing army of women preppers readying for doomsday:
Middle-class mums, an academic, a crime writer - they are all preparing for WW3 by hoarding food and practising survival skills.
And say YOU should do the same
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-13284929/middle-class-mums-prepping-preppers-apocalypse-hoarding-food-survival-skills.html

BTW an other piece of iron came lose on a Boeing engine at teke-off..
2024-04-09 08:38:07 UTC
Post by Jan Panteltje
Middle-class mums, an academic, a crime writer - they are all preparing for WW3 by hoarding food and practising survival skills.
And say YOU should do the same
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-13284929/middle-class-mums-prepping-preppers-apocalypse-hoarding-food-survival-skills.html
BTW an other piece of iron came lose on a Boeing engine at teke-off..
Why is it relevant that women are prepping? I don't see how that matters.

As for the boeing, all I have seen about that is that it was a bad
maintenance job and that a mechanic forgot/missed to fasten the engine
cover and that it was not Boeing fault this time. But that is not how
the media works. ;)
Chasseur
2024-04-09 13:58:12 UTC
Post by D
Post by Jan Panteltje
Middle-class mums, an academic, a crime writer - they are all
preparing for WW3 by hoarding food and practising survival skills.
And say YOU should do the same
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-13284929/middle-class-mums-prepping-preppers-apocalypse-hoarding-food-survival-skills.html
BTW an other piece of iron came lose on a Boeing engine at teke-off..
Why is it relevant that women are prepping? I don't see how that matters.
As for the boeing, all I have seen about that is that it was a bad
maintenance job and that a mechanic forgot/missed to fasten the engine
cover and that it was not Boeing fault this time. But that is not how
the media works. ;)
I have been reading and posting on the Usenet about survival topics and
related matters almost since its beginning with misc.survivalism.
Eventually misc.survivalism started to «degrade» and became heavily
«contaminated» by all sorts of useless parasites and their off topic
posts. The survivalists then, preppers now, opted to create a new
survivalist group i.e. alt.survival. Presently alt.survival has degraded
even worse than misc.survivalism had in the past when survivalists
ceased mostly to use it. In my view any on-topic survival or survival
related post is a positive step towards restoring things as they were. I
for one, found Jan's post interesting and on topic. Even an article with
erroneous or incomplete information is good because it provides an
opportunity for discussion and dissemination of pertinent information.

Chasseur
Lucas McCain
2024-04-09 15:42:55 UTC
Post by Chasseur
Post by D
Post by Jan Panteltje
[...]
Your point is well taken. Speaking of survival. The car in this video
made a wrong guess as what to do when rocks started tumbling across a
Taiwan highway during the latest earthquake.

https://summarynews.whatfinger.com/2024/04/08/watch-the-horrific-video-video-shows-car-drivers-terrifying-moment-during-quake-in-taiwan/
--
You voted for student loan forgiveness. You got demographic replacement
and World War 3.

"Title 8, U.S.C. § 1324(a) defines several distinct offenses related to
aliens. Subsection 1324(a)(1)(i)-(v) prohibits alien smuggling, domestic
transportation of unauthorized aliens, concealing or harboring
unauthorized aliens, encouraging or inducing unauthorized aliens to
enter the United States, and engaging in a conspiracy or aiding and
abetting any of the preceding acts. Subsection 1324(a)(2) prohibits
bringing or attempting to bring unauthorized aliens to the United States
in any manner whatsoever, even at a designated port of entry. Subsection
1324(a)(3)."

“Western values mean three things: migration, LGBTQ, and war." Viktor Orban

https://www.globalgulag.us
Chasseur
2024-04-09 16:55:27 UTC
Post by Chasseur
Post by D
Post by Jan Panteltje
[...]
I guess the driver's mistake is understandable...Luckily judging from
the tube, he or she probably survived. Reminds all of us that defensive
driving instruction is a good idea.

Chasseur
Lucas McCain
2024-04-09 22:02:31 UTC
Post by Chasseur
Post by Chasseur
Post by D
Post by Jan Panteltje
[...]
I realize upon viewing the video a third time that the car in front of
the dash cam car is blocked in and trapped by the car behind it with the
camera and probably would have gone unscathed had it been able to
continue backing up.

I wonder if Taiwan has any nuclear power plants to worry about melting
down in a China Syndrome way. I know the silicon chip manufacturing
plants depend on a continuous flow of electricity in order to
continuously operate. If forced to shut down, a significant amount of
time is needed to restart the process at great cost in lost production
for the industry.

https://www.globalgulag.us
Chasseur
2024-04-09 23:23:51 UTC
Post by Lucas McCain
Post by Chasseur
Post by Chasseur
Post by D
Post by Jan Panteltje
[...]
the dash cam car is blocked in and trapped by the car behind it with the Taiwan does operate nu
camera and probably would have gone unscathed had it been able to
continue backing up.
I wonder if Taiwan has any nuclear power plants to worry about melting
down in a China Syndrome way.  I know the silicon chip manufacturing
plants depend on a continuous flow of electricity in order to
continuously operate.  If forced to shut down, a significant amount of
time is needed to restart the process at great cost in lost production
for the industry.
Taiwan does operate nuclear plants but they are situated at the
geoghraphical extremities of the island:

https://www.nusc.gov.tw/english/Nuclear-Reactor-Safety/location-map-274.html

The epicenter of the quake and its aftershocks were located more at the
center of the island along the eastern shore:

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2024/04/02/world/asia/map-taiwan-earthquake-hualien.html

That being said, Taiwan is situated on the same fault/plate as Fukushima
Japan. I imagine the lessons of Fukushima must not have fallen on deaf
ears...

https://www.researchgate.net/figure/Map-of-plate-boundaries-in-and-around-Japan-and-Taiwan-Epicentres-for-four-earthquakes_fig1_240675686

You may find the following an interesting read:

https://world-nuclear.org/information-library/safety-and-security/safety-of-plants/nuclear-power-plants-and-earthquakes.aspx

Chasseur
rbowman
2024-04-10 02:03:38 UTC
Post by Jan Panteltje
BTW an other piece of iron came lose on a Boeing engine at teke-off..
https://www.amazon.com/Dad-Flamethrower-Don-Shift-ebook/dp/B0C862Y89C

The description is a lot more dramatic than the book. The protagonist is a
prepper -- sort of. I wouldn't say it's a comedy of errors since there is
nothing comedic about it but it would be a good read for the new preppers.
He has freeze dried foods, but not enough and some aren't very palatable.
He has a generator but wasn't prepared for the fuel consumption. He has
firearms but left one at his brother's by mistake. The Tesla is DOA when
the lights go out and his other high end ride makes him a target.

All in all it's more realistic than some of the novels with a "Marty Stu"
protagonist.
Jan Panteltje
2024-04-10 05:44:32 UTC
Post by Jan Panteltje
BTW an other piece of iron came lose on a Boeing engine at teke-off..
https://www.amazon.com/Dad-Flamethrower-Don-Shift-ebook/dp/B0C862Y89C
The description is a lot more dramatic than the book. The protagonist is a
prepper -- sort of. I wouldn't say it's a comedy of errors since there is
nothing comedic about it but it would be a good read for the new preppers.
He has freeze dried foods, but not enough and some aren't very palatable.
He has a generator but wasn't prepared for the fuel consumption. He has
firearms but left one at his brother's by mistake. The Tesla is DOA when
the lights go out and his other high end ride makes him a target.
All in all it's more realistic than some of the novels with a "Marty Stu"
protagonist.
Yes, touching story indeed.
I do have some technical background and am prepared to defend myself and others if needed.
Once I came eye to eye with a burglar in my apartment in Amsterdam...
I was in the shower in the morning, on Queens day here, every body a free day,
wanted to go to the city center where all sort of festivities were happening
the doorbell rang, well I thought 'come back later'.
Then a minute later a huge noise, stepped out of the shower to investigate,
found some guy in the middle of the living room, he had broken open the kitchen window to get in..
He was more shocked than I was and I am big,, 'do hot hit me' he cried repeatedly.
Anyways somehow I felt pity on the guy, put on some clothes made him sit down
and empty his pockets to see his ID and papers.
He had a note he needed to report to the police station, was already wanted..
So, made him sit down and gave him a cup of coffee.
Told him: I will let you go, but you and your friends stay away, that is the deal OK?
As far as I could find out he was the usual drug addict looking for cash or things he could sell..
From that moment on I was OK in that, largely black, community..
Once walking there I hear one say 'He is OK'...